My postings are my own and don’t necessarily represent VMware’s positions, strategies or opinions.
- First configure a user in Accounts -> Users;
- Choose a user, click Edit → click Advanced tab, scroll to the end and search for Staging, choose whether the user will work with Multi User Devices or Single User Devices
Enroll a device wit QR-code created at Devices → Staging → Configure Enrollment
- Choose device type (for example Android) → QR-code → Configure:
Configure WiFi, to which the device will connect for final configuration:
- Choose which Hub will be used and Organization Group config:
- Download PDF-file with QR-code on Summary tab, which will be given to end-user for device enroll;
- Prepare a profile for the Android user: create an Android-profile, in which configure Launcher (software, device config in it):
- Assign a profile to a user group and publish the profile;
- Prepare the device:
- Turn on the Android, tap 6 times on Welcome page, install a QR-reader (Android 8.0) or it is already pre-installed (Android 9.0) - here you input the Wifi needed only for downloading the reader, and turn off the device after the reader has been installed;
- Give the device to the user;
- The user turns on the device, makes 6 taps, uses the QR-scanner to take a picture of the QR-code from PDF-file (which contains the configured WiFi profile). The device connects to WiFi and downloads the Hub. After Hub is downloaded, the device downloads Airwatch Launcher and requests user login/password;
- Launcher receives a pre-configured profile with assigned apps and configs;
- If Multi User Devices was chosen in user settings, Launcher will have an option for sign out from current account. This means, that another user may login to the device and receive another Launcher with his own config and apps.