- Nomad Github - https://github.com/hashicorp/nomad
- Nomad Custom Settings - https://code.vmware.com/samples/3955/airwatch-nomad-custom-settings---mcx?h=nomad
NOMAD Deployment scripts
- Tech support uses an account with "staging user" rights to enter the notebook in the domain:
- The script also provides macOS notebook a <special name> from a dedicated web-server
- Every 10 minutes with cron/Windows scheduler a Python script uses AirWatch API to look through all devices. It checks their names, and for all macbooks with correct name itassigns a tag = "MacCorp"
- All devices with MacCorp tag are auto-assigned to "MacCorp" Smart Group
- An AirWatch Profile is created, with Assignment to "MacCorp" Smart Group, which installs Nomad.pkg package: the package is created using Apps & Books → Internal App → Upload, and then parsing the Nomad.pkg using VMware Assistant for Munki, and uploading the resulting Nomad.plist file in the Upload wizard
- A post-install script is used, which initializes the Nomad package with another plist with domain and Kerberos parameters. The plist file must be placed in the folder, where Nomad will find it
- After deployment, a user logsin to macOS and sees Nomad icon in system tray. He can choose Synchronize option in menu, and his domain password will be synced with local user password
- Now user will enter macOS with LOCAL username and DOMAIN password. If password changes in Active Directory, it will be synced with local macOS password.