My postings are my own and don’t necessarily represent VMware’s positions, strategies or opinions.
- App to quickly add Physical Machines into a VMware Horizon Manual Pool and entitle users - https://github.com/chrisdhalstead/horizon-physical-machines
- Library of scripts to help push, report and identify remote machines with the aim to add the machines to a Horizon Manual pool for remote access - https://github.com/andyjmorgan/HorizonRemotePCHelperScripts
Blast Extreme support on Windows 10
Horizon 7.7+ needed.
Windows 10 versions before 1803 (even the Enterprise editions) do not include the necessary API to allow integration and usage of Blast as a display protocol. The restriction is that Microsoft only exposes the required API in Win 1803 and later and in Enterprise Edition only (see below in limitations).
Limitations & considerations
- 3D apps not supported in Blast Extreme. Use PCoIP with Tera-card (like Teradici Tera2240);
- GPU Hardware h.264 encoding on consumer GPUSs - but h.264 encoding of Blast packets will be on CPU;
- All power saving options should be disabled (unless Wake-on-Lan is active);
- No remote mechanism of reset in case of OS crash;
- OS Windows 10 1903 / 1909 require Horizon 7.12 agent;
- OS Windows 10 older than 1803 will lock screen during Blast session;
- OS Windows 7 does NOT support Blast:
- use PCoIP (needs card in physical machine for support - like Teradici Tera2240, may work without card but cannot be licensed);
- use RDP (both x32 & x64 work on RDP);
- RDP not supported over HTML.