Blast Extreme support on Windows 10
Windows 10 versions before 1803 (even the Enterprise editions) do not include the necessary API to allow integration and usage of Blast as a display protocol. The restriction is that Microsoft only exposes the required API in Win 1803 and later and in Enterprise Edition only (see below in limitations).
|With some versions and with earlier versions of Horizon 7, Blast is available, but this was done in a insecure manner and physical monitor is mirrored on the PC. To avoid mirroring the monitor, RDP is recommended.|
Limitations & considerations
- 3D apps work in Blast Extreme. With PCoIP use with Tera-card (like Teradici Tera2240);
- GPU Hardware h.264 encoding on consumer GPUSs - but h.264 encoding of Blast packets will be on CPU;
- All power saving options should be disabled (unless Wake-on-Lan is active);
- No remote mechanism of reset in case of OS crash;
- OS Windows 10 1903 / 1909 require Horizon 7.12 agent;
- OS Windows 10 older than 1803 will lock screen during Blast session;
- OS Windows 7 does NOT support Blast:
- RDP not supported over HTML.